The Irish Ancestry Research Centre (IARC) is located at 58 O’Connell Street, Limerick City, Ireland. IARC provides genealogy research and courses in genealogy for its customers. They welcome walk-in visitors and groups from all over the world to conduct guided personal research, genealogy workshops and educational programmes, many of which are also offered as online services. The centre uses advances in web technology and partnerships with industry to provide access to a wider range of sources and a more textured experience for the genealogical researcher.
Established as a private company limited by guarantee, it is a not-for-profit entity providing independent information on Irish genealogy and ancestry. Its Board of Trustees comprises many leading figures in Irish and international genealogy.
IARC has established a number of partnerships with experts in the industry and universities. IARC have partnered with the National Library and the National Archives of Ireland, Kerry and Clare County Library Services and community groups like North East Kerry Development, North Tipperary Leader, and Tipperary Clans Archive to conserve, preserve and create historical archives.
IARC Board of Trustees.
The following persons are members of the IARC Board of Trustees:
- Ms. Pauline Ryan, Chairman, IARC
- Mr. David Cronin, University of Limerick Foundation
- Ms. Catriona Crowe, National Archives of Ireland
- Dr. Vincent Cunnane, President of LIT (Limerick).
- Máire Mac Conghail, member of the Association of Professional Genealogists
in Ireland (APGI); member of the Irish Manuscripts Commission.
- Mr. John Ryan, Founder and Chairman of Macrovision, now Rovi Corporation, in California; retired in 2008.
- Mr Kieran McSweeney, currently running his own consultancy business in strategy & business development.
- Mr Tim O’Connor, currently running his own business, a former diplomat with Department of Foreign Affairs and chairman of The Gathering Ireland 2013.
The team at IARC are a highly qualified and experienced team of researchers. Our team of experts include:
- Dr. David J. Butler, Academic Director, IARC
- Janine Behan, IARC
- Research Associates (Ireland & Overseas)